Tuesday 15 July 2008

Domokun

My son is crazy for this Japanese TV character Domokun....



I've been looking for a pattern to sew him, I found a tutorial to make an Ipod cover on Crafster, you can find it here but no sewing pattern.

So anyway, I decided to go freestyle and have just finished this...


Although it isn't remotely pretty, I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I was worried it wouldn't stand up, but yey he does :D I used pipecleaners in his arms so they will bend but are still quite soft. I had been thinking about his teeth for quite a while, I didn't want to make them from felt as they wouldn't stay looking so sharp after sewing. I had a wander around Hobbycraft this morning and stumbled upon foam sheets, even better they had ones with adhesive on the back, so it stayed in place well as it was sewn. My sewing machine grumbled a lot but it did sew well. The rest of him is made from felt.

My son loves him, so job done! Now my sister wants one, I may do a tutorial as I make the next one, so watch this space.

No comments: