Thursday 24 July 2008

Oooh lovely!

How great is it when you stumble upon an amazing blog? I recently discovered U-Handblog run by Lisa. It is really worth checking out, Lisa has made some really easy to follow tutorials. Isn't it nice of her to share all her knowledge with us and even give us step by step instructions too! I have always been scared of zips on bags. Now I can fasten a bag with a zip and make a zipped inner pocket on a bag :D Thank you Lisa!!

I can also use piping, hurray! I used the Chevron shoulder bag tutorial to make this lovely bag...


As you can see it doesn't actually have any chevrons on it *whistles* as I didn't have any striped material and had been dying to use these 50's inspired fabrics I picked up in my favourite fabric shop Country Threads in Bath. You might see them nestled up there in my banner. My straps aren't very nice, I couldn't find large rings or fusible fleece, but I'm very happy with it anyway :D

I had some fabric left over and after looking at this tutorial at Sew Christine and this one at That Darn Kat for fabric purses, or wallets as they call them in the US, I came up with this...



Look it has pockets for notes, credit cards and a picture of my little monkeys, AND it has a zipped pocket for coins, hurrah!




I used some satin ribbon to close it that I've had sitting around for ages, it'll probably be very annoying tying that everytime but right now I don't care because its so gorgeous :D



No comments: